An Alternative Purchasing Option with Two Major Benefits
Automate now instead of putting it off due to limited funding. By choosing a use-based payment option, you pay per erected, sealed or palletized case instead of the equipment. Far superior to traditional leasing models, Machine-as-a-Service (MaaS) aligns operational costs with production output. Simply said, when your production runs smoothly, so does our payment. How’s that for sharing the pain?
MaaS users can also access data beyond basic case counts - fault types and counts, uptime and downtime durations - data useful in identifying month-over-month trends, proactively spotting potential issues before unexpected downtime occurs, or highlighting the need for additional operator training.
When is MaaS the right solution?
- Risk Management -
If you select automation equipment, the following concerns have probably crossed your mind:
Will the equipment truly perform as promised?
Will their service team be timely and effective if needed?
How can we detect performance issues early?
Now you don’t have to 'hope for the best' anymore. Since only a well-running machine is a paying machine, our priorities are perfectly aligned with yours. Monthly performance reports further help mitigate issues early on.
- No CapEx Funding -
You’ve got no shortage of automation needs, but funding is a different story?
Don’t delay automation paybacks. Now you can automate even if CapEx is unavailable. Efficiency gains from labor savings or increased throughput easily cover operating expenses and further reduce supply chain costs.
As minimum wages keep rising and labor not only becoming unreliable but also increasingly hard to find, can you afford not to automate?
FAQ: Machine as a Service (MaaS)
- We build and ship the equipment, provide start-up support and training with no upfront cost to you
- We own the equipment for the 7-year contract term
- Users pay based on machine or system throughput
- A hardwired Internet connection is necessary for collecting and sharing throughput data as well as performance information.
- Blockchain technology is the backbone of MaaS to securely document machine data and execute monetary transactions in real-time.
- We are using SteamChain.io, an independent IoT platform with a secure transaction engine for network connected machines.
- We believe in providing best-in-class solutions. As machine builders we leave software development to experts in their field. Using third party IoT solutions also helps eliminate unnecessary cost of in-house development and ensures ongoing innovation from their collective experience with various customers and industries.
- Machine users should carry out routine maintenance following the manual guidelines, and replace wear parts when necessary
- Contact Pearson technical support if issues cannot be resolved in-house
- Remote access capability and automatic performance notifications facilitate Pearson’s ability to help troubleshoot & resolve issues